The preparation of the tandoor is similar to the preparation of a grill.
1. Remove the lid and put wood in it. The amount of wood depends on the type of dish (shish kebab, chicken, game poultry, fish or vegetables) and the number of people eating. Therefore, the amount of wood can vary from 1/2 to 2/3 of the internal volume.
2. Pull out the ash pan, light the wood, do not close the lid. Now you can let the fire rest for the time being. The tandoor takes care of itself. In the event of excessive heating, hairline cracks may form on the surface, but these are customary in terms of material and have no effect on the functionality of the tandoor.
3. After the wood has burned through, tarpaulin becomes visible, the soot has disappeared on the inner walls of the tandoor and the tandoor has developed a strong glow, the tandoor is ready to insert the dishes. Your task is to arrange the coal in a smooth layer and hang the skewers with shish kebab or other products, close the lid and the ash pan. Now you no longer need to turn or do anything.
4. Keep an eye on the time, because if you prepare mushrooms and / or vegetables, 5 to 10 minutes is enough. Fish is ready in about 15 to 20 minutes. The shish kebab is prepared for about 25 to 30 minutes. The chicken takes about 30 to 40 minutes to prepare.
5. If you want a crispy crust, open the ash pan and the cap a crack for 7 to 10 minutes before cooking and the physics laws solve this problem by means of an additional draft.
6. Now you can take out the finished dish and place a new one in the tandoor oven.
Safety measures !
- Heat the tandoor slowly and evenly when you use it for the first time.
- Avoid contact between the hot tandoor and larger amounts of water.
- Note that in windy weather the flame height can reach about 1 meter.
- Store the tandoor covered or covered.
- When handling the tandoor, note that the metallic parts can become very hot; use cooking gloves made from natural fibers.
- Keep children away from the hot tandoor.
- It is recommended to slowly increase the heat in the tandoor at very low ambient temperatures.
If used properly, we give a one-year manufacturer's guarantee on our products.